Friday, August 20, 2010

There are just so many things I didn't know...

It finally happened! I have moved into my new house, the "Treehouse". Highlights of this place include large amounts of space, my own king bed, a plethora of parking, and several room mates that I love. There were an awkward few days this week where Rachel, Liz, Marci and myself had all of our outrageous amounts of stuff, and ourselves, hiding out in two rooms. However, now we are legitamately(I just had the hardest time figuring out how to spell that since I've been abbreviating it for years) allowed to live here now, so the unpacking has begun.

The biggest problem at this point is that the previous people had been living here for several years and they weren't the cleanest girls. So far I have had the pleasure of removing dried blood from the shower and a thick layer of dust mixed with grease from the top of the cupboards. That was particularly disgusting so I've decided to take a break from the kitchen. Don't worry, they left enough kitchen supplies and baking items to last a lifetime. Anyone looking for a George Foreman grill? We have a vast selection to choose from.

Due to the disgusting state of this place I've gone as far as washing all of the walls as well. I remember Mom paying me to do that in the summer and I always thought it was the dumbest thing ever. I now understand. I'd like to thank Mom and Brittany for teaching me how to clean/be OCD. While I may be messy, I AM NOT dirty. It will probably be another few days before this place is fully liveable but I can't wait! I will refrain from posting any before pictures so as not to horrify anyone.

Marci and I are sharing a room, and while we are good friends, it turns out there are a lot of things she doesn't know about me. On our trip to Cali last week she began to express surprise at certain things I would do, as if she didn't know I was weird. I lovingly responded each time "Get used to it". Hopefully she will!

P.S. Brittany, you would DIE

P.S.S. I met our fifth room mate last night, and WE KNOW EACH OTHER. But we can't figure out how. Such a weird situation. I'm just waiting to have a Kronk experience in the middle of the night when I realize how we know each other.

5 comments:

Chelsea said...

I'm definitely regretting eating dinner while reading this post. Thanks a lot. I'm picturing this house and for some reason it's making me sick. Get that cleaned up real quick! ;) Good luck with that one. Miss you!

Brittany said...

Where the jigga do you live? I feel like I have no idea what is going on in your life. :( Don't they have cleaning inspections before moving out? Where was the white glove? I am sure I would die since before you even said how gross it was I was thinking how gross it is to have to sleep on a mattress several other people have slept on. I was wondering how I used to do that...for some reason it now seems disgusting! Are there stains, body oils and bed bugs? Probably just my paranoia since seeing all of these things recently about how bed bugs are taking over the world! Eeeewwwww!

Liz said...

remember how you forgot to mention that the things mossi is learning you do are not normal?

Lindsay said...

Welcome to my life!!

Jack said...

You still spelled legitimately wrong...