Monday, August 23, 2010

Insert: Those noises that Rachel makes that form a complete sentence

Today was such a good day. I took a three hour nap and was reunited with several of my most beloved friends. What could be better?

After hearing from a couple of people that my hotmail account has been offering them exciting ways to earn money from home, I decided to delete it. I'm a little upset because that's what I sent all my junk mail to, but Brittany is just a little too gullible. Hotmail has everything on lockdown and makes it pretty difficult to figure out how to cancel your account, or maybe I'm just slow. Anyway, in the process I discovered a plethora of saved emails, namely 2 years worth of emails from you know who in Houston. I proceeded to give them one last glance, skipping all of the investigator talk and getting to the good stuff. I once again traveled through the emotional roller coaster that was that time period and ended right back where I started, content with the end result. Mostly it was really funny to read.

While reading some of the emails that I had written I came across a gem, which is the reason that I am writing about this at all. I was ranting about how for whatever reason they thought it was a good idea to have me sub for several weeks in the nursery at church. Hello, I don't like other people's kids! It was the end of the summer after my freshman year at BYU. I had lived at home and was packing up to move back up to Provo. Gabe was hanging out in my room and I was telling him how I was going to miss him. According to my letter he responded: "Yeah, me and you like each other, don't we."

Thank you Gabe for helping me realize that some day I will love being a mom. I only hope my kids are as funny as him, and like me as much as he does. Still, I hope I never have to set foot in nursery again.

P.S. These past few nights, due to my current need for Nyquil and my king bed, I have had the best nights of sleep in years!

2 comments:

Brittany said...

Whatever gullible! It's not like I actually signed up to work from home or bought your miraculous weight loss product. I hope to never be in nursery again as well!

*Rach* said...

Ok! I have been very behind on my blogging...and i wanted to insert those noises I make that make sense...however I realize that are only meant for verbal communication not written-they make me seem more crazy written so we'll have to be satisfied with making up your own...