Wednesday, May 12, 2010

If it's true, I've known it for a long time. If not, I never knew it.

I was about to write another blog about some "research" I did, like unto the Top Ramen, but then realized that I'm really bad about posting about real activities. So, to keep you all from thinking that I do nothing, let's do a little recap on our Vegas trip this semester. We decided we deserved a little getaway for 3 reasons: 1. We had all almost died at the Flower Patch for Valenine's Day. 2. I had just finished that outrageous sculpture class of mine. 3. It was Linx's Birthday week!!! I'm going to tell this story with mostly pictures, more exciting that way.Rachel's fantastic friends let us stay at their house in St. George on the way there and back. This is like the only picture I have of their house, but hello, check out that screen. They spoiled us so much, and we loved it.The first night we were there we decided to go out for sushi, Linx's request. Sushi has long been at the top of my list for foods I wish I liked. Well, BAM, that night I fell in love. It was SO GOOD!I started reading while I was waiting for everyone to get ready, and Liz found me in this position. It just happened.I was frequently making everyone walk through all of the hotels. That night we explored the Bellagio and came across this little Asian garden, Chinese New Year perhaps? We also happened upon Lindsay's husband Brandon in this garden....what are the odds?I love me some blown glass.I can never get enough of these fountains. I believe this was the first time we watched the show.
Linx and I were big gamblers. We both lost a dollar in these penny slots. They were highly advanced and I had no idea what I was doing. I also got totally jipped and got a slot where you couldn't even pull the handle. This picture isn't even good, but the crazy man that took it kept saying. "Oh anytime. Anytime you want a picture I'll take it." As if we would just see him around again.The next day involved A LOT of walking and more shopping, eating, and exploring. Oh and the crazy rides on top of the Stratosphere. I don't have the pictures of that, but watching Liz and Rachel cry was worth every minute!!

Finding the Precious Slut 4 was an unexpected tender mercy.I never felt uncomfortable on the strip, but hanging out on Fremont Street was almost too much for me. That's where all of the hicks hang out. Good thing it had ridiculous deep-fried items to redeem itself.

Well to wrap it up. I almost killed everyone on our drive back to St. George because it was raining and I don't know how to drive cars that don't have automatic lights. But everything worked out fine. We had a wonderful and absolutely hilarious time. And yes, I love Vegas, to the dismay of my mother.

3 comments:

Brittany said...

You did NOT just say tender mercer about "the slut 4". I about died laughing!

Liz said...

i was thinking the same thing! blasphemous...which = always appropriate?

*Rach* said...

So happy to have a recap about that...I wish you had posted the pictures of the character that LOVED you at the very end of the trip though...was it an M&M or the Coca-Cola bear???