Monday, September 28, 2009

Rejected...Pub-lic-ly Humilated

Every trip I go on is defined by it's own set of music, inside jokes, and quotes. Many of these things are in fact not new, but somehow find new meaning in a new place. Australia produced many of these experiences. To Liz's disgust/secret enjoyment, each day something would occur that left Linx or myself to have no response but to say "Rejected". Because Linx and I are childhood friends, we are bonded together by our childish personalities. Thus, the word "Rejected" ALWAYS resulted in singing at least the first verse of "Gaston" from Beauty and the Beast. Brittany, you know.

Since returning to BYU I have been flooded with rejections. In the past week I have been rejected by a couple of jobs and ditched by both of my Visiting Teachees. To this I smile and proceed to get lost in the ingenious lyrics of Disney.

2 comments:

Brittany said...

After I saw the title of this blog, I HAD to read. For once I actually know what that is from! Some of your titles leave me clueless. We just got rejected by a house offer. Boo...they took another offer. I knew we were going in too low!

Liz said...

was there disgust? probably, i guess, it's just hard to imagine because I love the whole schpeel so much now. i can even say it with you now. im thinking it had to do with who we were surrounded by...and the fact that they could understand english and predict our general age.