Monday, October 5, 2009

Ostracized in Style

For those of you who are dedicated blog readers you will remember by post "I Sleep in a Drawer" over the summer. After I posted that I realized that many of my family members read my blog...it caused quite an uproar. Did my powerful rhetoric do its job?

Last Sunday I got a message from my mother offering me a hotel room for Thanksgiving.

Each time I tell someone about this they think my family is crazy. Let me explain. My parents often get a room at Orange Tree which is literally a block away. Andrew and Courtney want to stay at our house so they can put their kids to bed and still hang out with everyone. Therefore, Dayne and Myhoa "get" the hotel room, which everyone thought they liked. FALSE. They want to be at the house with everyone. Our family just loves each other so much. Therefore, I will not get a bed since there are only two at home. Since we already had a hotel room reserved, it was offered to me. I actually feel fine about this, let's be honest I will probably like everyone a lot more that whole week if I get to sleep in everyday. The only thing holding me back is that I just feel like it is weird! I left the decision in my parents hands.

As I was explaining this dilemma to SAC all she could say to me was "you are still being ostracized". I'm going to choose to ignore this half glass empty outlook on life.

4 comments:

Angelle said...

Emily, being a sleep deprived mother who btw lives four miles away from my parents and misses out on the evening family time when my brothers come in town...ENJOY THE SLEEPINS! When you have kids its all over. Stay late at your parents each night, and then see ya later suckas, walk out that door knowing you will not see or even better hear their crying babies until 11 or hopefully noon the next day!

Emily Brooke said...

Angelle,
I'll sneak you a key to my room. Don't tell Mark, just escape for naps.

Sarah said...

hey! i was not being pessimistic. i was simply laughing. you are the youngest. if you want you can sleep at my house for thanksgivin

Andrew said...

Emily, I'm sorry that you won't be able to spend quality time with our children in the early hours of the morning. Do you think Carson and Abby could join you at the Orange Tree for a sleepover one of the nights? Carson is really good at flailing his arms all around from time to time, which makes for a great night's sleep for anybody trying to share a bed with him.