Friday, September 11, 2009

Jj

I started this post while sitting outside waiting for the Joshua James concert on Friday. Liz has a newly acquired ipod Touch and she now claims that the only reason i hang out with her is to use it. Give me a break, I haven't had an ipod since that fateful night I went 80's dancing in January and the new technology is AMAZING. Anyways, I couldn't figure out how to type anything but the title of this blog, so by "started" I mean, I typed the title.

I first saw Joshua my Sophmore year at Velour in Provo. A few friends were going so I tagged along. The concert was seated and I was on the aisle. Joshua decided to surprise everyone by coming from behind everyone playing his guitar. Since I was in the very back on the aisle he scared the CRAP out of me. He then proceeded to very passionately sing this song about how he didn't need God's restitution and was getting all up in people's faces. Questions were flooding my mind. "Who is this guy?" and "Why did my friends want to come to this?" However, things went up after that first song, they could only go up, but they went way up. I loved it.

I have since missed a couple of his concerts so I couldn't pass this one up. He did an acoustic concert Friday night and full band on Saturday night. It was well worth sitting in line for 2 hours. He is what I can only describe as a freak show but he is so passionate and I loved it! The performance never lets me down.

No comments: