Friday, August 28, 2009

Frenchie...For REAL!

After essentially living Friday twice without sleeping(there were just too many movies to watch on the plane), I just crawled out of the depths of a short 45 minute nap. Maybe I will write more specifically about my trip later, but let me just say that it was, in fact, as great as I had thought it would be.
Rarely did I feel like I was in a foreign country, except for the occasional outrageously strong accent that I couldn't understand. Oh, and learning to walk and drive on the left side, Beyonce-style as we called it.
Besides the natural beauty and the architectural "wonderlands", Australia was awesome just because of the people that I met. I expect none of you to ever stay in the kind of sketchy places that I did for $15 a night. Therefore, you will just have to trust me when I tell you that while the smell of these places will stay with you for days and contracting diseases is always an option, it is worth it just to meet CRAZY people. Everyone has some ridiculous story and none of these people have any real responsibilities or direction in life. We were in fact the only people who where in Australia for less than a year and probably the only people going to school. It also helped that everyone we met somehow reminded us of a celebrity: Heath(Heaf), Johnny, Hermione, and others that I forget because I'm only half alive.
I will also always love Australia for the food I was introduced to. Namely the Aussie burger-with egg and beet, and chicken salt-which proved to be very difficult to explain at security in LA.
My brain is no longer working, but I'm back and you should all go to Australia!

No comments: