Saturday, August 15, 2009

"I think that guy just dropped off his girlfriend"

In just over an hour I will be heading off to the airport. Am I excited? Absolutely. But really I'm just sick of talking about it and I'm ready to be there already!!!! If I am asked one more time if I have seen the movie "Taken" I'll flip out...I promise not to be an idiot, thank you. I'm also feeling a little sad about leaving AZ since when I return from Australia I'll only be here for about a day and a half before heading up to Utah.

There is just something about Arizona that I love and I can't explain it...it is just a part of my soul. I was hesitant about four months at home but it has seriously been SUCH A GOOD TIME! Weekend trips, water and bathing suits, redeeming my status as the favorite aunt, playing in the rain, mixed drinks from QT, seeing at least 2 movies every week, dominating in Carumba and getting my butt kicked at Monopoly and Clue, ridiculous old people at church, getting sunburned in the car, and the "summer nights" are just some of the things I will miss. I'll probably even miss those moments on Sunday with the fam that were so chaotic that I had to go sit alone in my room for a few minutes to recover.

Earlier this week Linx shared a philosophy on life with me. As she said: "Isn't the point of life to make as much money, in the least amount of time, in order to have fun with that money the rest of the time?" Really Linx? The point of life?! I nearly died laughing. However, the point of my life is to enjoy it so much that it is bittersweet every time I move on to the next chapter. I have succeeded again. In the meantime I will be having fun with my money in Australia!!!! G'day!

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

Bah so jealous!! And I feel the exact same way about AZ..so sad I never even went there ONCE this summer!

Brittany said...

We will miss you tons! Ty will have noone to stare at and who will do everyone's mending? AND you never even watched scary movies with me. I think Linx is right about the point of life because I live for traveling...which I never get to do, so I must be failing miserably. :(

Angelle said...

Enjoy it Emily! Do it for all your tied down mom cousins so we can live vicariously through you and your adventures! Have fun!