Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Halloween

This Halloween was surprisingly one of the best I can remember. Kimberly's Mom sent her a Halloween party in a box, apparently Halloween parties are Kim's thing. So she decided to throw a party for our branch. I'm not going to lie, I was a little skeptical. First of all, we have very limited costume resources here and no one is really willing to spend any money on such things. The results were amazing. I was simply a hippie, nothing exciting. I just kept on the outfit I was already wearing that day and fashioned a headband out of a belt from the dollar store. Here are some of my favorite costumes.The missionaries fully delivered with borrowed and homemade items. Shannon and Autumn created angle costumes out of purses and wooden spoons from the dollar store.
Salt and Pepper

Kimberly whipped up some baked potatoes with chili...thank you American food. It was absolutely delicious. The Italians were complaining about the food being heavy...explain to me how the three course meal they eat daily isn't too heavy?

Then we busted out some games
First, the classic mummy wrap. I helped wrap Eve, Peter's daughter, and we blew our competition out of the water. They were Italians however and somehow I get the impression that they don't have as much experience as we do with this kind of thing. Yes I may have tp-ed a few houses in my lifetime. Tic Tac Toers please remember that time by Whitney's house when we used poop bags and ended up trying to hide in bushes on that main street...
Second, an Italian version of the donut on the string, biscotti on a string. Due to the slowness of my eating I opted to be a string holder for Shannon. Unfortunately she may have been as bad as me...the only person she could beat was a child.Third, bobbing for apples. I don't think I've ever participated in this game. 1. I have a small mouth and a jaw that likes to pop out of place. 2. For many years I couldn't even bite into an apple for fear it would break my beautiful teeth. Luckily others were pretty passionate about it. Most just went for the full head in the water...definitely entertaining. Karli was one that went all out.Lastly, some sort of Halloween relay that involved popping a balloon and eating the candy inside. Popping my balloon not a problem, eating the candy was just not going to happen...so I cheated. But everyone knew, so that isn't really being dishonest right? This is me trying not to puke afterwards...
So I know you're all thinking, "Wow, that sounds like the most childish Halloween party ever!" And maybe it was, but it was the most fun Halloween I've had in years. Thank you Italians and dollar store costumes.

Fiasco of the Day: Okay I have to catch the last bus in five minutes so no time to type something really good, but I will leave you with this little fiasco. I am fat. I've never gained extra weight in my life and here it goes...but it is all worth it. And now even when I'm controlling my food, Paola isn't shoving it down my face, I think that I need more because I'm used to eating so much!! Good thing I'm coming home just in time for Thanksgiving. I'll be getting thirds and fourths this year!!!

2 comments:

Mills said...

1. I love your shirt. Very good.
2. I have a small mouth and a jaw that likes to pop out of place too.

That makes us better friends.

Emily Brooke said...

I'm so glad we can share this together!