Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Au Revoir

First things first. I'd like to give a little shout out to Picasa. First of all it's free...thank you Linx for introducing me. Secondly, it has saved me soooooooooooo much time here. I simply highlight a folder of pictures and press upload and next thing you know you are all enjoying my pics online. So easy!! Also, for those of us with horrible internet connections, if the connection times out, it saves what has been uploaded and automatically continues the upload next time you get on the internet. Thank you Picasa for making my life easy.Here comes the end of our adventures in Paris. Saturday was actually probably my favorite day because we didn't have anything big we had to do. We started off the day at the pastry shop that we got lunch at our first day. I ate my croissant and lemon turnover by the river again. Then we made our way up to this beautiful park right by the river...can't remember it's name. We decided to rest from our rough morning in front of this fountain.We ended up at the Luxembourg Gardens...absolutely beautiful. We finished off the day eating underneath the Eiffel Tower. I had the most delicious chocolate eclair of my life. Saturday was so relaxing and pretty. Unfortunately we had to leave at like 4 p.m. The trip back was fairly uneventful compared to the way there.

Fiasco of the Day: So Shannon and I live outside the city center and we take the bus. Normally the bus is awesome and it is a crazy experience that most of the girls miss out on...but some times it's sketchy. I actually live pretty close to the train station, but walking at night is not a good idea because it's all on back roads. So I opted to wait for the bus with Shannon even though it wasn't supposed to come for like 45 minutes. So we go down to the bus station, this one is underground and really strange/sketchy. Unfortunately, or so we thought, there was a man down there. We were keeping a close eye on him as well as our bags. Then after a few minutes of being worried about him this car pulls up, which is weird considering that only buses are supposed to go underground. The window is open and the guy drives by STARING at us...that look will haunt me. Then like 20 yards, or should I say meters, after he passes us he stops, puts his hand out the window and waves us over. Does he think we're stupid?! At this point we are so thankful that the other guy was with us. Creepy car guy gives up and drives away. Then the bus stop guy gives up waiting and leaves. So Shannon and I decide to leave and just grab a taxi. Luckily there are a billion people waiting by the train station because as we were waiting for our taxi, creepster car guy drives by AGAIN. This time he passes us and then throws the car in reverse and just sits there waiting. Italian men are idiots. Do I look like a prostitute? No! I look like an innocent American girl waiting for a ride from a legitimate source. He drives away. Our taxi pulls up. As we are driving up the rode we have to stop because there is a car stopped in the middle of the road. Don't worry, this other car was the creepy stalker. So I'm freaking out because I'm like...does he know we're in here? Shannon has no idea what is going on because she is trying to find money in her purse for the taxi and doesn't understand what I'm freaking out about. So he gets to my street and I just hopped out and RAN. At this point the stalker was out of sight but I wasn't going to take my chances. Normally Siena is not scary at all...I feel safer than in Provo, but that man was just not okay.

No comments: