Thursday, December 9, 2010

BODY

This week was rough. Last night I analyzed my dead lifeless body: red, stinging eyes, headache, weak shakiness and general tiredness. Then I realized. This is Project Body. Throughout my life I have encountered several kinds of "body". Each is a result of extreme conditions and causes several physical and mental changes.

1. Office body: discovered during my first summer working at my dad's office. Symptoms: pastey white skin, excessive paper cuts, and a physical tiredness from doing NOTHING all day.

2. Peaks body: discovered that summer that I went to Seven Peaks several times a week. Symptoms: Calloused back, sunburned skin, and a zen-like calm.

3. Project body: discovered my sophomore year of college. Symptoms: all of those previously mentioned as well as an urge to listen to Queen and a difficulty communicating with others (including via blog).

4. Moving body: discovered the day I moved out of my apartment Junior year and had to attend Liz's "after graduation" picture session. Symptoms: Sweaty, dirty, sticky, disgusting.

5. Patch body: discovered the first time I worked a couple of 12 hour days at the Flower Patch for Valentine's Day. Symptoms: tiredness, delirium, and hands that take several weeks to heal from thorns, etc.

6. Warehouse body: discovered my summer in the fabric warehouse. Symptoms: dry pastey skin, extensive paper cuts, fibers of fabric EVERYWHERE, and an extensive knowledge of the top 40 songs of the summer.

In merely 5 days I will be focusing on achieving Vacation body. Symptoms: 3,000 calorie/day diet, excessive card playing, and NO RESPONSIBILITY.

2 comments:

Brittany said...

LOL. I hope I can help you achieve the vacation body. But watch out...last time we played carumba I was ON FIRE!

Lindsay said...

You forgot Pom body!! Severely bruised and sore...but ripped ;)