Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Thanks Avril, for keeping it real

Let me paint a picture for you. I get out of class early and head over to the library to stake out a spot at a computer before the devotional starts. The library gets pretty packed at 11 on Tuesdays when those of us that are just a little less righteous, and a little more behind on homework, use this hour as study hall instead of a time to be spiritually uplifted at the weekly devo. There are plenty of computers open in the beloved Map Section when I arrive. Only seconds after I log onto my computer a guy comes over and wiggles the mouse on the computer next to me. Nothing. He moves over to the next computer successfully. Then comes another guy. Wiggles mouse, presses buttons. Nothing. He then asks me if anyone has used it since I've been here. Nope. Confirmed. The computer next to me doesn't work. Great. Now every time somebody so much as glances at that computer it is MY responsibility to break the news to them. I have run into this problem before and ignoring the situation is always awkward. You sit there, waiting to see how long they will mess around before realizing it doesn't work, and they always look at you like, "Hey, thanks for not telling me this one doesn't work, you clearly knew." So it is my duty, as an honorable BYU student to save them the hassle. It's going to be a busy devotional hour.

No comments: