Friday, January 8, 2010

You think you're hot stuff cause you went to a dance

I have always loved the movie Teen Witch. In high school this love grew as Moyes and I would stumble upon it on the Hallmark, or some equally awesome channel. Easily the best part of the movie was the little brother. His scenes always keep you utterly confused/baffled, but always wanting more. Moyes quickly learned his parts and mastered his voice. We would often beg her to perform, and it just never got old. Last year I decided it was time to purchase Teen Witch. Too many people were not educated on it and it had been too long since I'd watched it on the big screen at the Moyes. Last night SAC was introduced to this gem. Afterward I tried to explain what the little brother is to me-his voice, appearance, and mannerisms are difficult to put into words. As a young child I read books with what can only be called a "critter" as the main character. Said "critter" looks exactly like the little brother in Teen Witch. After FINALLY discovering that someone else knew what I was talking about, thank you Liz, I began a google search. My jumble of words produced nothing to Google, so I sent my mom an email. Thank you Mom, for hooking me up. Mercer Mayer is the author of these "critter" books. One more piece of my life is complete, and one more ridiculous thought in my brain has been shared with the public.


The resemblance is uncanny.

4 comments:

Liz said...

what the hook kind of name is mercer mayer anyway? but excellent work, ginna. im so glad that i too knew of these books but i am amazed and thrilled that you pieced this all together.
and that the mouse is on that cover.
indeed, this is something that i am very happy about.

Marci said...

A. I LOVE the little critter books. My mom has all of them and of course I read them every time I go home.

B. I have never experienced Teen Witch, so that needs to happen as soon as you guys want to watch it again.

Lindsay said...

NOBODY'S COMIN TO YOUR BIRTHDAY PARTY, LOUISE!!

I too remember those books.
Well done.

*Rach* said...

OK...so happy you figured out the books. Totally know what you're talking about! Totally had them! Totally loved them...and there's close to nothing that can make me laugh like Lindsay quoting Richie. Priceless!