Monday, November 16, 2009

Living with the "Hard Core Boss"

You know how people think they know people, but they don't? Almost daily I observe how people react to me or my friends and I hear Jacque Redd in my head saying "You don't know me" or Anna saying "I don't know your life girl!". I am probably the worst at this, I am the worst judge of character. If I dislike you the first time we meet then we will probably end up being best friends.

The reason I've been thinking about this lately is because my dearest friend Linx has moved up to Utah and established some sort of new persona. Everyone always talks about how you can "be whoever you want to be" when you go to a new place and she is living it up. Everyone remembers her because she has a faux hawk, wears leather, and her "name" is Linx. They think she is some sort of punk rocker who lives life on the edge and is a partier 24/7. While I know these things to be part of her personality I also grew up in a ballet studio with her and spent the weekends with her shopping at Limited Too and playing "Categories" in the pool(how that is an acceptable name for such a great game is another blog post).

The point is that the best kind of people have so many sides to there personality that you could never really understand them unless you spent every waking moment, or sleeping moment for that matter, with them. I will venture to say that I have spent more time with Linx than any other friend I have and still there are parts of her that I never knew existed. Here is what I have discovered since she moved in.

1. Linx is European; she thinks that nothing needs to be refridgerated. Exhibit A. her juice that was quickly turned into wine. Also on this shelf, but not visible in this picture, was a sliced tomato.2. She winds up the cord on my blowdryer in the most inefficient way possible even though I yelled at her.
3. Forget cookies in bed, Linx does full-blown meals in bed. This picture however BLEW MY MIND. She had taken the time to make her bed, then took the bag of chips that she had been eating in bed, neatly rolled them up, and then situated them in there as if the bag was a pillow or a teddy bear.
4. For months now Linx has been running around our apartment complex using other people's printers because "something was wrong with hers" and she didn't have a UVU id card to use their printers. Then last night when Rob needs a printer, she tries to fix hers and it took, oh 30 seconds. And no worries, she finally got an id card too.
5. We all know what this is, bowls of food left out. However, with Linx it isn't just a haphazard thing, they are neatly placed against a wall. The walls of our loft will be lined with bowls, or my personal favorite, cups of 2-week-old juice. The best part of this is that when Linx finally notices said juice she starts freaking out at it as if somehow it snuck up there by itself. I'm sitting here staring at the bowls waiting for her to find them.

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

Categories!!

Sarah said...

HAHAHAHA! And the worst part is that she made me drink the freaking juice, failing to tell me how old itwas cause she wanted to know if i liked the flavor.

Brittany said...

She cracks me up! Sounds like an entertaining person to live with...although I'm pretty sure that I couldn't live with bowls or cups against the wall. You know me!

Emily Brooke said...

Funny you should say that Brit because as I was writing that I was thinking...Brittany would DIE!