Saturday, February 20, 2010

Hooker is just a job

This year has been unlike any other. When I took upon the new challenge of an art major I knew it would be different, but I didn't realize it would be so HARD. However, I have loved the new challenges it has presented and all of the crazy things I have learned. It is an entirely different world! I'm looking forward to a day when I can sleep as long as I want and do nothing for the rest of the day, but that certainly won't be happening until sometime after Wednesday. Wednesday marks the last day of my sculpture class and let me tell you I couldn't be more thrilled. I'm seriously lacking motivation in the 3 dimensional world and I'm just too much of a perfectionist to be working with materials that are so unforgiving. So I will be pleased to say "PEACE OUT" to 8 o'clock class in B66. I have more to say about that, but for now I have to go study for a written test (in art? what?), and bust out some decent sculptures.

Also, my parents have been so supportive of me and my crazy endeavors. I thought my dad would be appalled at my new choice of major, but he loves me. So, just for them I have created a new blog to show my stuff. They have literally seen nothing I've done this year. Now let's remember that these are pretty much all from Studio art classes so I'm not promising anything too fantastic. If you want to check it out here it is: http://welphereweare.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

Liz said...

-of course we want to see it.
-i just realized it was i who said your opening/title line. wow.
-and how quaint that this post coincided nicely with the pictures i just put on facebook, not knowing anything of this, simply that i wanted everyone to see them. my blog was too limited an audience.