Thursday, November 4, 2010

STOP THE MADNESS


I remember when I was little and I would tell my mom "I'm bored!" and she would totally flip out and by flip out I mean be completely frustrated with the fact that I couldn't seem to find anything to occupy my time. Tonight it hit me:

#1a. She was so annoyed because she had SO much to do and I couldn't even enjoy my carefree existence.
#2b. I am becoming my mother.

I mean the clues were all there in front of me. Missy was the first to go. I can't remember the last time I talked to her when she wasn't running, I mean running, to something. Then there was Brittany. I mean the OCD has always made her a little crazy. I thought it would be fine after PA school. And then I thought it would be fine when she cut down on work. But it has only gotten worse.

Everything just came together minutes ago, as I finished up bridal shower invitations and realized I hadn't finished the gift I've been trying to finish making for at least a week, not to mention that research paper I haven't started. The worst part is that all day I was a multitasking productive machine. My list of have to dos and want to dos exceeds my time, and this will always be the case.

Thanks mom.

6 comments:

Brittany said...

I have been trying to avoid the inevitable that I will NEVER be caught up. I am always thinking...well sometime in the future I will be less busy and can catch up on reading, scrapbooking, organizing, decorating, etc. Thanks for bursting my bubble! By the way, what the heck are you wearing? Is that Lindsey's present?

Liz said...

perfect picture.

Emily Brooke said...

haha no. that is the beginnings of a sculpture i made...obviously

Sarah said...

you look like edward. edward scissor hands.

CorieW said...

Ya life just gets busier and busier with time doesn't it? Why can't kids appreciate how great their free little lives are while they are still kids?
Hey,this is off the subject of your blog, but will you email me your current address if you see this? Thanks!

Andrew said...

I have a few projects that I haven't had time to finish. When you have some free time, let me know and I'll pass them along for you to finish for me.